Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Holy Fucking Shit, Batman: or, i honestly think Dark Knight is the best movie i've seen since Jaws

so i just got back from my local theater to see Dark Knight. I've been a fan of Batman all my life; even the old serial when i was a kid. Needless to say, the later installments of the franchise that Burton started in '89 didnt sit very well with me, but Batman Begins I liked.

this, though. Jesus. Until now there have only been two sequels that were as good or better than the orriginal film, and those are The Godfather II and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Until tonight, I thought T2 was the only trully good action movie since French Connection, but this shit makes T2 look like a fucking power rangers movie.

its not that its an excellent action film, which it is. Its not that its a good superhero movie, because its not really a superhero movie at all. And its not Ledger's preformance, although that guy is a fucking scary actor. Was. Sorry.

Anyway, i cant put my finger on it, so i'll have to go and see it again when Giles gets home. Maybe if i watch it in IMAX ill figure out what makes it the best goddamned movie since Star Wars.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I heard it was really good but there is one more sequel you forgot that is better than the first. That, my friend, is Aliens. I actually just watched that again the other night.

Mr. Conklin said...

i dunno, i like the first one.
seriously though, the more i think about it, i really think Dark Knight is the best movie i have ever seen. Its not the action though, its like this crazy message about america, about where we are and who we are. its really, really scary.

Jess said...

Ah, the first Alien is boring at best. Aliens, however is BADASS!

I'll have to try to see Dark Knight. It's hard, I don't know the last time I went to the movies. Blair just downloaded Hitchcock though, that was pretty good.